Monday, June 25, 2007

5 Guys Famous Burgers and Fries

5 Guys Famous Burgers and Fries is a rapidly growing regional chain (based out of D.C., I think?). A store recently opened on Highway 1 near Lewes, and I went to check it out. I gotta say, LOVED IT. You order at a counter in the same manner as you would at a fast food joint, but that's where the comparison ends. First, the beef is fresh, not frozen, and you can really taste the difference. Second, the selection of free toppings is unusual, with choices like sauteed mushrooms, fried onions, and jalapeno peppers. I found the topping selections so tempting, that I decided to forgo the toppings that you need to pay extra for, such as cheese and bacon. The fries were fried in peanut oil, and were very tasty. While you are waiting for your order, grab some peanuts to munch on. 5 Guys offers burgers in two sizes, "standard" and "little". I found the "little" to be plenty big (particularly if you are also getting an order of fries, which is of generous size). I loved this place ... I'll definitely be back.

No comments: