Monday, June 4, 2007

Tijuana Taxi - Rehoboth Beach

I don't know what we were thinking heading toward downtown Rehoboth Beach on Memorial Day weekend. However, we were craving Mexican, and wanted to check out the new Dos Locos location on the avenue. The front of the restaurant was packed, made worse by the hostess chatting with friends rather than taking names for the waiting list. After eventuallly finding out it was a 45 minute wait, we decided to walk across the street to the Tijuana Taxi for our Mexican fix. I hadn't been to the Taxi in years, and friends had told me that it has reallly gone downhill. With low expectations and growling stomachs, we heading in the door, pleasantly surprised to find tables readily available.

The meal started off with the standard-issue chips and salsa. Unfortunately, the chips were slightly stale. My main course was a chorizo quesadilla. This selection was very tasty and was a huge portion. My DP's (dining partner's) fajita was also tasty. Overall, if your looking for reasonably priced Mexican without having to wait for your table, give Tijuana Taxi a try.

One other note: if you like Margharitas, order the smallest size. I'm a bit of a geek, and it's more cost effective to order the smalls. Yep, I did the math. The price/ounce of beverage goes up as you increase in size. Weird ...

No comments: