Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Roadster's Liquor Store

I know, I know ... not exactly a restaurant.

I few weeks ago C and I popped into Roadster's Liquor Store near 5 Points to pick up a few things. After I handed over my credit card, I noticed that I had been overcharged. The clerk told me that he had voided the transaction and reprocessed it with the correct total. C had made her own purchase ahead of me, and I asked her to check her receipt. Sure enough, she had been overcharged as well. A few weeks go by and I get my credit card bill. Of course, both transactions had gone through. I called the store, and they told me that it would be easiest for them if I stopped into the store with my bill so that they could process the credit. A few days later, I pop into the store, and wait patiently in line to talk to the clerk about the problem. The clerk was very pissy with me for having the nerve to not want to be billed twice for a purchase, and asks me to wait until he takes care of the last person left in the line. By the time that he finishes up with the person behind me, 3 or 4 people are lined up, and the clerk continues to take care of the new people, ignoring me. I finally interupt him and ask if he will only help me resolve the credit issue when the store has no other customers. He finally summons some help from the back, and after a bunch of waiting, I finally get my credit.

So, my recommendation? If you go to Roadster's, check your total, and pay cash! Better yet, go to Atlantic Liquor's near the Rehoboth Mall.

No comments: