Sunday, September 27, 2009

Go Fish!

I’m a big fan of fish and chips, so I was excited to try Go Fish in Rehoboth Beach. Go Fish is advertised as an authentic British-style shop, so M and I thought that we would give it a go. Basically, the food was fine, but nothing spectacular. However, when I think fish & chips, I’m thinking pub/street food, so for me, the $17 for a plate of fish & chips was too high. In addition, when you add if the fact that our server really pushed us out of the restaurant, it felt like we were getting fast-food restaurant treatment at fancy-pants restaurant prices. By way of comparison, M also had the fish and chips at the Blue Coast a few weeks ago, and the price was the same. M preferred the meal at the Blue Coast better, the environment is much nicer (sunset over the bay!) and the service was much more pleasant and unrushed.

We did notice on our way out that Go Fish has a take-out version of the meal that we ordered for only $10. If you are in the mood for fish and chips while you are in Rehoboth Beach, I would recommend getting the take-out platter and heading down to the boardwalk to eat on one of the benches there.

No comments: