Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Zorba's

Zorba’s is a smallish, informal Greek restaurant out on Highway 1 in the Food Lion Shopping Center. I went there with J. J has eaten at Zorba’s many times and he loves it, so I was anxious to give it a try.

I usually order spanikopita when I have Greek food, but I decided to go for something different. I had the pasticio (which I think of as Greek lasagna) which was excellent It came with a side Greek salad, which was very nice.

I thought that the food was good, and the prices were very reasonable. In addition to all of that, there was something just a little bit extra special about Zorba’s. The server really paid attention to us in a helpful but inobtrusive way. She quickly realized that we were friends who hadn’t seen each other in a long time, and she encouraged us to stay and hang out at our booth, even though we had already paid our bill.

Overall, I’d say that Zorba’s is a pleasant place for a reasonably priced meal.

No comments: