Sunday, August 9, 2009

Blue Coast Seafood Grill

Blue Coast Seafood Grill and Fish Market is a restaurant (with an adjacent fish shop) just north of Bethany Beach on route 1 (southbound side). A group of 6 of us visited there a few weeks ago, and I’m sure that we will be back. Fortunately, The Blue Coast is open year round, so we will probably give it a try in the off season.

We were seated quickly, and we were given a nice table with a beautiful sunset view over the wetlands. We tried the baby spinach salad with apples, blue cheese, cranberries, pistachios, served with orange vinaigrette, which was just outstanding. For my main, I ordered the pan roasted scallops with cheddar grits, which was served with a tomato-based sauce. This dish was unbelievably good. I was so focused on my food, that I did not really get a chance to take notes on everyone else’s meals, although I do remember that everyone was very pleased with their selection.

For mains, the prices range from $18 (fish and chips) to $40 (surf and turf).

Great setting, great food, great service, and reasonable (for the beach area) prices … Blue Coast Seafood Grill was a hit with our group.

No comments: