Saturday, July 28, 2007

Smith & Co

Lots of people are talking about Smith & Co in Milford. Everyone seems to be surprised that such a good, and somewhat fancy place has opened in Milford, and I wanted to check it out. In order to sample what Smith & Co. has to offer, we decided to sit in the lounge and order off of the bar menu. First, I have to say that the service in the bar area was awful! I was ready to walk up to the bar to get drinks, menus, etc. but I was assured that there was a server handling the tables in the lounge area.

The waitress finally showed up to take our dring order. Strangely, she took the order for the two other people with me, but walked away before I could order. Eventually I flagged her down to order my beer. After a long delay, our drinks arrived, and once again she disappeared. Eventually we tracked down the waitress to place our food order. I ended up ordering a chicken parm. sandwich. This turned out to be a typically frozen, breaded piece of chicken that was deep fried to within an inch of its life. It was waaaay waaaay overdone. It was bad, so I was in no hurry to eat it. Which was good, since I couldn't find anyone to get me silverware or napkins (the red sauce on the sandwich was dripping everywhere when I picked up the sandwich).

So with dinner over, it was time to get the check. Of course, the waitress was no where to be found. We waited, and we waited. I went to the bartender to see if he could find her. He sort of grunted that she would be right back. She eventually arrived and we paid quickly before she had a chance to wander off again. The poor service seemed particularly strange, since the bar area was not particularly busy.

Recommendation: Bad food, bad service. Don't go!

No comments: