Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lily Thai Cuisine

Three of us went to Lily Thai Cuisine in Rehoboth Beach for the first time on a recent weekday. We went for the $8.95 lunch special, which includes a salad and a spring roll in addition to the main dish.

I had the lamb eggplant dish -- the menu had it marked as spicy, but I found it to be only mildly so. I guess it's better to be cautious for those who are sensitive to heat. I enjoyed the dish quite a bit. The lamb had a noticably gamey taste, which didn't bother me. I'm just warning those that aren't familiar with lamb that they may want to make another choice.

One of my dining partners, who had never had Thai food before and was somewhat worried about finding a selection that she would enjoy, choice the Big Bowl, which was a seafood soup in a clear broth. She enjoyed it tremendously, and is ready to try Thai again.

No comments: