Monday, September 24, 2007

Iguana Grill - Milton

The restaurant choices are a bit limited in the Milton area, so I thought it was great when I heard that the Iguana Grill was opening a new location there. Based on my first visit, I think Milton is still looking for a fun spot with good food. Who knows, maybe Dogfish Head will finally get around to opening a pub at its brewery location in Milton. But back to the Iguana Grill ...

C & I went there and got a seat on the outdoor deck. The location is great, and overlooks a pond. It has the makings of a fun hangout. We tried an appetizer sampler, which was a platter of tasty, but unhealthy fried stuff. C ordered a southwestern steak wrap, and she was satisfied with it. I ordered a french dip sandwich, which was a special of the day. Unfortunately, the special list didn't mention that the sandwich would come slathered with a thick layer of horseradish sauce, which I don't like. Also, my sandwich also showed signs of sitting under the heat lamps for quite some time. I don't get it ... I've worked in restaurants, and it's possible to time the meal/food so that the food comes out hot, but not dried out. Needless to say, I was disappointed in my meal. I'm willing to give it one more shot, but Iguana Grill needs to do better next time.

No comments: